[ExI] Problem with time travel WAS Faster than light??

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Sep 29 14:31:14 UTC 2011

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Dennis May
Subject: Re: [ExI] Problem with time travel WAS Faster than light??

>> .Actually I have done some calculations and there is indeed a
"finest-grained scale" for vacuum. Avantguardian

>.This calculation assumes the correctness of General

Relativity which cannot predict the velocity profiles

of spiral galaxies even after dark matter was added to

fix it.  [see previous post on this]  It would seem

General Relativity is not so general.Dennis May

Indeed sir?  The velocity profiles of spirals do not rely in any way on
General Relativity, or even Special Relativity.  Good old Isaac Newton
covers it all.  Granted, the distributions of dark matter required to
explain those velocity profiles are a puzzling head scratcher.  I will be
damned if I can figure out how matter could distribute itself that way.