[ExI] More on Neutrinos

john clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 30 16:31:39 UTC 2011

"Good argument that neutrinos travels at speed of light is that while supernova they are observed simultaneously with photons."

With the exception of photons particles travel at various speeds
depending on conditions, I don't know of any reason why all neutrinos
should move at the exact same speed all the time, but hell I don't even
know why neutrinos move at all, nor at this point do I think anybody
else does either. Physicists will just have to continue their
experiments and see what happens and wait for a theoretician to have a
bright idea. If the bright idea turns out that the experiment is just
wrong I confess I will be a little disappointed.

" remain possibility that neutrinos can be accelerated to larger
velocities, but EM field quickly decelerates them to speed of EM field
propagation (through kind of Cherenkov radiation?)"

Cherenkov radiation contains energy, so unless the conservation of
energy is the next thing to go the neutrino the radiates it will contain
less energy, but if it has less energy it should be moving faster not
slower.

 John K Clark