[ExI] China to Own the Moon by 2027

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 16:42:08 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 2:29 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Adrian Tymes  wrote:

> Or if your assets elsewhere are sufficiently defended, as is the case
> with China, and your lunar guards can distinguish desirable incomings
> from undesirable.  (Which isn't hard: they can see where on the
> Earth things launch from - or at least, China can time its Moon-bound
> launches so they're visible to the Moon , so just classify anything that
> does not launch from China as undesirable.)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and actually predict that China
will claim the moon by 2030... Anyone want to place a bet with Long
Now? I just don't see any way to stop them, and no reason for them not
to want to do so.

As for China going an mining in Antarctica, I don't know enough to say
there... However, Chinese fishermen troll the seven seas... sometimes
venturing into territorial waters of others... I'm just saying a
billion mouths is a LOT to feed.

-Kelly