[ExI] The silent PV revolution

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Apr 5 14:41:54 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] The silent PV revolution

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 2:43 PM, spike wrote:
> >...  How hard is it  to see that isn't going to work?

>...As soon as the new money was spent, the startups went bust due to
cheaper panels arriving from China.   Quite obvious really.  But they can
easily print more billions. No problem.   ?????? Really ???????  BillK

Ja, the  US has formed a most puzzling quasi-symbiotic relationship with
China.  They keep loaning us money so we can keep buying their manufactured
goods which keeps their people employed and being paid using their money.
It isn't clear why they don't just keep their own stuff and cut the US out
of the loop as unnecessary and redundant.  There are plenty of consumers in
China, they don't need us.

I see something unsettlingly analogous in the relationship between Germany
and Greece: the krauts keep loaning money to Greece so the togas can keep
buying those really cool German sports cars, with no reasonably logical
means of ever reaching an equilibrium.  Gene what is the end game of that?