[ExI] Sources of info on historical commodity prices

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 08:49:08 UTC 2012

2012/4/7 Max More wrote:
> The historical data is a good starting point for discussing long-term trends
> and forecasts of commodity costs, but leaves plenty to argue about in
> considering the popular view that "it really is different this time".

"popular" view???

Certainly the world has never before seen world-wide fiat currency
debt burdens on the scale we see today.

Some form of total collapse seems certain. When and what happens is
anybody's guess.

At present my opinion is going towards inflation for consumables and
deflation for assets.
Which makes for pretty miserable outcomes for the general public.

5 million USD for a loaf of bread and, No I don't want to buy your
house or a gold bar.

BillK