[ExI] Affordance Theory

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Fri Apr 13 03:00:47 UTC 2012

Is anyone familiar with Affordance Theory (Gibson 1986). I am applying it to
the environment of life expansion (life extension + whole brain emulation).
It is an interesting theory used in the design discipline
(engineering/industrial design/design) and provides an locus for perceiving
what could be before us, whether known or unknown, as a relationship between
the actor (human in my thesis) and technology (such as HCI) as the prospect
of being afforded (*not* in a monetary sense, but in relation to melioristic
aims).

Thanks,

Natasha

 <http://www.natasha.cc/> Natasha Vita-More
Chairman, Humanity+

ExDir, Design ESM <emerging / speculative media>

PhD Researcher, Univ. of Plymouth, UK

Editor, The Transhumanist Reader: Classical and Contemporary
Essays on the Science, Technology and Philosophy of the Human Future