[ExI] Finally!

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Sat Apr 21 15:46:15 UTC 2012

Spike,

So, you want me to be your bitch, doing your bidding, or your out - not
willing to help at all - otherwise?  I would be willing to do it, if
there was enough money in what I wanted to do.  Sure, I can be bought.
But I still think if we could find everyone interested in qualia and
consensus building, we could way fund more than even a $billion, and we
wouldn't be beholden to any morally bottle necked individual.  And I
think it's still going to take a bit more than a $billion to discover
and fully achieve phenomenal mind uploading.  (which, by the way would
solve all world problems, including aging, disease, expensive, risky,
space travel... making these early space efforts still a complete moral
waist of time leading to the damnation of how many more people
unnecessarily rotting in the grave?)

Sure, Thiel is doing great things, along with a bunch of other rich
transhumanists like Branson hiring, Burt Rutan.  LIke hotel billionaire
Robert Bigalow funding Bigelow Aerospace.  Gazilionar Jeff Greason
starting XCOR, after his rotary rocket endeavors.  Like Amazon.com
founder Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin....  But what have any of those lonely
immoral bastards accomplished, working alone like that, really?  Even
Thiel, with his billions, is just barely able to get a rocket to low
earth orbit, and even then he still needs lots of forceful bickering
government funding to do even that.  All this do it yourself thinking,
everyone waring with all other hierarchies, trying to compete with, and
convert or outcompete everyone else, so thay can be the bastard at the
top of some waring hierarchy, all missing the real moral point and what
is most important, first, is the big problem, and the only reason we're
morally blindly achieving so little, while fighting and bickering so
much, while we continue to rot our loved ones in the grave.

At least this latest effort is more than one gazillionare working
together.  Do you think even a handful of gazillionares like this will
be enough to do something real, like mining of asteroids?  I have my
doublts, they'll likely quickly find some minor issue to disagree on and
take a my way or the highway path.  But if we could get everyone on
board, knowing and doing what everyone at the bottom truly wanted, in an
amplification of the moral wisdom of the crowd,  consensus building way,
then we could all work together to really accomplish something great.

Brent Allsop