[ExI] Finally!

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 08:31:31 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 11:47 PM, Brent Allsop  wrote:
<snip>
> It sounds like you are saying you're going to try to do all you can to stand
> in the way of what the expert consensus uploaders want to do?  It seems to
> me it'd be much more productive if you'd just concisely state what it is you
> want, so us uploaders will be sure not to get in your way, and get started,
> with all the millions that surely share your passion, for getting what it is
> you want, rather thin spending so much time and effort fighting against us
> in such a fear mongering way?

I don't see how cataloguing different opinions is going to remove
competition, disagreement, arguing, fighting, etc.

We don't live in a world where everyone can get what they want.

Everything from religions, politics, manufacturing soft drinks, etc.
involves trying to destroy competitive organisations. 'Why can't
everybody just get along?'  Because we are resource limited. Even when
just the people themselves are the resource you are trying to
accumulate.

If I can't drive my car because you've got the oil I need, then I'm
likely to try and get it from you by any means possible.

Cataloguing opinions is useful, like a dictionary. But it won't stop
opposing opinion groups fighting.

BillK