[ExI] Bucky Balls Could Double Your Lifespan

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 16:06:17 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Kelly Anderson wrote:
> I like the idea of life extension, but I envision something dramatic,
> a pill, a shot, something that would make a big difference rather than
> a hundred little things that all added up make a little bit of a
> difference.

Ageing is complicated.  Like an old car, some bits are wearing out
gradually and some bits fail instantaneously.

You need regular maintenance, replacing failed bits and cleaning,
lubricating and strengthening the older parts. Then you get unexpected
problems turning up that you haven't encountered before, because no
car ever lasted this long before.

It is unlikely one treatment will affect everything. Though I would go
for looking after the immune system as a top priority.

BillK