[ExI] symmetrical 11-Venn discovered

scerir scerir at alice.it
Tue Aug 14 14:28:37 UTC 2012

Anders writes:
> In general, I expect that fractals often emerge because the universe
> also tends to follow simple rather than complex programs. Even when
> these programs make organisms it is easier to grow and evolve recursive
> structures than non-recursive ones. So the important and deep question
> is what forces affect what programs get run, and what kind of simplicity
> is optimized for.

That reminds me of a paper by Berry showing that a quantum wave
in a box evolves from a uniform state and the graph of the evolution
of the probability density is both fractal in space and in time.
There are, in addition to these time and space fractals, infinitely
many 'quantum revival' times, when the probability density is constant.
http://www.phy.bris.ac.uk/people/berry_mv/the_papers/Berry275.pdf

But there are chances that Anders already knows all that :-)