[ExI] cost of SBSP and thorium

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 15:14:52 UTC 2012

Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote

> > Are you fucking kidding me? Why do I bother to post facts when you all
> seem to prefer to exist in a make-believe universe?

Eugen, this is confusing to me as well. What facts about fluoride salts of
actinides or any other aspect of the universe have you posted that we are
ignoring? Actually I can't seem to remember you posting more than about 3
sentences on this subject and the meaning of the 3 sentences always boils
down to the same thing, it won't work but I'm not going to tell you why. In
fact in one exchange you specifically said "I will not discuss this with
you because of massive amounts of above BULLSHIT. Life's too short." This
illustrates the reason that nuclear power technology in general and Thorium
reactor technology in particular has not advanced in 40 years, most people
just have a irrational and primordial dislike of nuclear power, all forms
of nuclear power. The problem is that preferences based on superstition
will not save the world from energy starvation, only cool logic can do that.

  John K Clark