[ExI] pussy riot case

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 00:31:16 UTC 2012

On 20 August 2012 22:18, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> I am really squirmy about sentencing them for anything that sounds
> even remotely like "interfering with a religion."

In a way, this is what could make me sympathise with the Pussy Riots,
because after all they were interfering with a religion I personally
dislike (albeit probably less than catholicism or Wahhabite Islam). :-)

What makes me reluctant to feel too involved in this very minor episode,
and in fact annoys me, is that most of their supporters could not care less
about that, and in fact would have a very different or even opposite
position if the "political context" had been different.

Had it been Dawkins being arrested for stripping naked in the Westminster
cathedral during a queen-assisted ceremony, I would probably react in a
stronger way. :-)

--
Stefano Vaj