[ExI] Dreams...

J.R. Jones mrjones2020 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 20:23:11 UTC 2012

On Aug 20, 2012 9:15 AM, <sm at vreedom.de> wrote:

> Yes, I did. Successfully.

I have as well. It's amazing, to put it mildly.

Also wrote a SF-novel about technically induced lucid dreaming.

Link?

Best full immersion VR-machine available at the moment :)

Absolutely.

extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] Im Auftrag von John Grigg
> Gesendet: Montag, 20. August 2012 11:27
> An: ExI chat list
> Betreff: [ExI] Dreams...
>

> My question for the list is just how "transhumanist" are your dreams?  My
own tend to feel like low-budget indie films, where I don't get the girl,
and nothing very futuristic happens.  The last dream I had that I remember
well, had me running around in a Prince of Persia style place (I've never
played the games or seen the film), where at one point I jumped and fell
around 100 feet, and to my surprise (in the dream) was not hurt.  As things
progressed I met a very beautiful woman in a sort of a tasteful I Dream of
Genie outfit (I don't have a sexy dental hygienist in my life like Spike
does, so I have to settle for this), who at one point sat in my lap, but
then ran off with a more exciting guy, in a quest to save the day...

> I had a dream several years ago where I was dressed along the lines
of Robin Hood, relaxing on the grass, and in a retro steampunk city that
made me think of Atlantis.  A parade was going on, with scantily clad women
on floats, that ran in front of an extremely deep man-made body
of absolutely crystal clear water.  Monstrously huge gears and cogs were
submerged inside of it, for some unknown purpose, and people were zipping
around on the surface with strange looking water jet-ski's that didn't seem
to have enough parts to possibly operate.  A New Age female friend listened
carefully as I spoke about the dream, and then declared authoritatively
that I was remembering a previous life that occurred during the age of
Atlantis!  ; )

> Anyway, I just wondered if some of you had really amazing dreams about
the future, and how much stock if any, you put into them.  And has anyone
ever tried lucid dreaming?  Years ago I spent $300 on a Novadreamer device
to help me to lucid dream, but I could never get the desired effect.