[ExI] pussy riot case

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Aug 23 03:29:11 UTC 2012

Subject: Re: [ExI] pussy riot case

>.One more thing. Spike, I'm pretty sure I read that Manning got the info
out by burning the data on CDs, not on USB drives. I can't speak to the
security level of this information. It's certainly information that the
public was never supposed to see.
-Henry

OK, I was misinformed.  Any computer system I know of which can legally
contain classified info has no CD burners anywhere in the system, nor any
way to connect one.  Those interfaces are intentionally defeated.  The only
way one can get information out is to print it on paper and carry the paper
out the door, perhaps in one's socks or under the clothing, as demonstrated
by former national security advisor Sandy Bergler (see the last three
paragraphs of this:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Berger )