[ExI] Manning and Assange

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Aug 24 19:48:54 UTC 2012

Subject: Re: [ExI] Manning and Assange

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com>
wrote:

>>... Because of what Manning did, you can watch it yourself and decide if
> the gunship engaged in a war crime and make the judgment if Manning
> was obligated to make it public since people far up the chain were
> trying to keep what he thought of as a war crime under wraps.

>...OK, so I have a question. It's a real question.

>...Because of the stuff Manning has released, has any one of the alleged
"war criminals" shown acting in these videos/documents been brought up on
charges that they would not have otherwise faced in any case? -Kelly

Ja, and the next questions: if they were trying to keep that under wraps,
why was it on a system that could be easily compromised with a disk burner?
What happened to the people who posted it to that system?  If that video was
classified, why isn't it properly marked?

Note to Kelly: if the video was on an unsecured network, Manning didn't
release it.  He only forwarded it to WikiLeaks, who forwarded it to the
world.  If it isn't specifically marked as classified, it isn't classified.
If it is specifically marked classified, I don't understand how the markings
were removed and how it got onto an unsecured system and why whoever put it
there isn't in the brig too.

Note to self: there are so many unexplainables here, I need to stop posting
on the subject until I hear something that sounds understandable.