[ExI] Severe Diet Doesn’t Prolong Life, at Least in Monkeys

Max More max at maxmore.com
Thu Aug 30 17:41:52 UTC 2012

Cereals, potatoes, and legumes are avoided on a paleo diet, vegetables are
definitely favored, but paleo types vary considerably when it comes the
amount and type of fruits and nuts consumed. A common paleo view is that
fruit has been bred to be much sweeter than the fruit we adapted to.
However, Denise Minger made a fascinating and detail case against that view:
http://rawfoodsos.com/2011/05/31/wild-and-ancient-fruit/

Most paleos seem to favor only modest amounts of nuts.

--Max

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 9:54 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Stefano Vaj  wrote:
> >
> http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/30/science/low-calorie-diet-doesnt-prolong-life-study-of-monkeys-finds.html?src=un&feedurl=http%3A%2F%2Fjson8.nytimes.com%2Fpages%2Fscience%2Findex.jsonp
> >
> > Lifespans are not so malleable. But I suspect that a "paleo" lifestyle
> (ie,
> > removing as much as possible vegetables, such as cereals, potatoes,
> > high-glycemic fruits and legumes, etc., from your diet) works much more
> than
> > caloric restriction. Let alone in terms of quality, besides duration, of
> > life.
> >

> I thought a paleo diet (at least some versions of it) included quite a
> lot of fruit and veg and nuts. It is cereal foods mainly that they
> avoid.
>

> BillK

Max More, PhD
Strategic Philosopher
Co-editor, *The Transhumanist Reader*
President & CEO, Alcor Life Extension Foundation
7895 E. Acoma Dr # 110
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
480/905-1906 ext 113