[ExI] Self-driving cars

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 19:04:03 UTC 2012

This article from Brian Wang's Next Big Future

http://archive.feedblitz.com/64651/~4225771/14734665/402ea13060affe9a87245d9b2ace89b8#64651_6

adds to the conversation.

Increased highway capacity -- up to 400% -- and better energy
efficiency due to "drafting".

With the deployment of "smartness" and electric vehicles, we gain from
a number of synergies.  Reduced emissions, safer transport (major
gains in productivity, cost-reduction, and grief-avoidance), quieter
transport, fully automated (ie cheaper) cargo transport, reduced
dependence/price of hydrocarbon energy sources.

A smart world is an efficient world, where everyone gets a first world
standard of living without burning up the commons.

Best, Jeff Davis

 "And I think to myself, what a wonderful world!"
                 Louie Armstrong