[ExI] Bad news for US customers of Intrade

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 16:50:50 UTC 2012

Eh, a quick explanation, but if you still do not understand
after this one then you're probably not worth any further
reply:

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 12:47 AM, Rafal Smigrodzki
<rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 2:17 AM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 10:31 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki
>> <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> you demand that bureaucrats
>>> have to control individual securities trades rather than letting
>>> market participants make their own decisions. In your world people
>>> have to act through gatekeepers of power (elected officials, unelected
>>> bureaucrats) rather than through individual acts of trade.

>> You have been claiming that my support for any degree
>> of law and regulation, means that I support total law and
>> no individual choice.  For instance, see the above-quoted
>> section.
>
> ### Adrian, you need to read an adversary's statement attentively,
> before giving a hasty reply. Where in the above statement do you find
> the word "total" or other related quantifiers ("only", "all", "none")?

"Rather than" is the qualifier here, as if only X or Y is possible
rather than partial X and partial Y.

> Read what I write before you feel insulted.

I did.

>> This is but one example where I have not, in fact,
>> taken the side of more government control than what
>> we have now.
>
> ### Hey, give me more.

No.  I give you what you need to understand.  I do not have
unlimited time to re-explain every point to you as many times
as it takes, and I have already spent multiple hours on this.

That is why you are not worth any further reply if you still
don't understand after this letter.

> Interesting choice of pronoun - "we". In this very same sentence I
> would have inserted "they".

Like it or not, you live under the same government I do,
therefore "we" are under the same government and
suffer its controls.