[ExI] mars again: one way trip to mars has over 1000 volunteers

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 16:05:36 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 1:26 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> A central point to Mars One Mission is the emigration of the human
> astronauts. Mars becomes their new home, where they will live and work for
> what will likely be the remainder of their lives.

For the majority of those seeking a better life in the colonies they
had the same decision to make.  Some of them were willing to sacrifice
7 years of indentured servitude to finance the crossing and it meant
they'd never visit anyone that remained in Europe.

The communication lag (for letters) then was months, which in today's
world is comparable to the 14 minute round-trip to mars

I'm not so sure they'll miss as much happening on earth as we'll miss
what's happening on mars.