[ExI] standard form for creating a test, was: RE: humanities plus schmooze

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 02:41:14 UTC 2012

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/9/12, Mike Dougherty wrote:
>> interfaces onto the public and make THEM adapt.  Seems though we can
>> make humans adapt to software much more readily than we can make
>> software adapt to humans. (wish it weren't so)
> Because the public feels trapped into using Microsoft Windows.
>
> They don't know that modern Linux is now more user-friendly than Windows.
>
> And Linux users have choice.

Linux users still have to deal with the forced behavior changes of
Firefox (for example)

I'd turn off the automatic updates if I dared live in a world of
easily compromised software without post-launch security fixes.

As spike mentioned, not every new version is better - but the longer
your exploitable software is running, the more likely you will be
exploited.  The only hope is to keep up to date and that whomever is
updating the software keeps ahead of whomever is attempted to ruin you
with it.