[ExI] forward from alan brooks: FW: Spike, please post this at Extropy chat for Newtonmas season?

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Dec 13 06:12:55 UTC 2012

From: Alan Brooks [mailto:alaneugenebrooks52 at yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:05 PM
To: spike66 at att.net
Subject: Spike, please post this at Extropy chat for Newtonmas season?

A great difficulty in communicating with the religious is they can sense if

one isn't forthright with them, yet to tell them exactly what one thinks

would be counterproductive. If I were to say to a religious person how I

have no problem with their faith (a given creed in and of itself never hurt
anyone),

however I mistrust them due to their ulterior motives, it would only
exacerbate

a secular-faith dispute.

By not being able to communicate such, the basis for genuine communication
with the

religious is removed from the equation: e.g. diplomacy is by definition
disingenuous, unspiritual.