[ExI] transhumanism by any other name

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Dec 13 12:51:10 UTC 2012

--
Anders Sandberg,

Cool, thanks Anders.  Your accidental lectures are more worthwhile than the
formal ones I paid for in college.  I am still pondering your algorithmic
comment:

>...Assume we have N skill levels
Set P(j) = 1/N
while (not done)
    ask question of difficulty i
    for j=1:N
       if (right answer)
          P(j) = P(j)* sigmoid(j-i)
       else
          P(j)=P(j)*(1-sigmoid(j-i))
    end
    normalise P
end

I have some ideas on this to share but not now, family matters call.  I hope
to have something to share and possibly an experimental framework after
Schmergenmeistermas with which to run some tests.  I know we have a lot of
engineering talent that hangs out here.  Perhaps I can recruit some
volunteers to take the test.