[ExI] Trying for a minimum technical comment

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 21:41:54 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Thirdeye Of Eris
<thirdeyeoferis at gmail.com> wrote:
> You plan to beam the power down by microwave? The slightest variation would
> send the "beam" skittering across the landscape, burning everything in it's
> path. This is why we have not sent up the satellites that have been on the
> drawing board since the 70's...

This is one of the reasons I suggested he miiight want to
consider maybe possibly testing it on a small scale - say,
with a satellite that can (if all goes well) produce barely
measurable output at the ground - as an absolute
requirement before putting up the big one, rather than a
nice-to-have just because it wouldn't be part of said big
one.