[ExI] X-men extropians???

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 16:05:17 UTC 2012

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 9:52 AM,  <ablainey at aol.com> wrote:

> Just popped in to see what's new and was wondering when we changed from the
> Extropian forum to an X-men forum ??? :oD
> Have we hit some impassible hurdle in the quest for immortality? or have we
> just given up because the world will end next week?
> To quote a popular meme..... Dafuq? lol

really?  You don't think that's a bit harsh?  ok, I'll concede your
use of emoticons might ease the sting of your sentiment - but not by
much.

Since I brought it up... the observation was sparked while watching
people I can consult) if maybe Transhumanism is actually more
mainstream than the Ivory-Tower thinkers can recognize when they look
down on the masses with a narrow bias for specific terminology.  If
comic/graphic novels and movies are shapers of culture in the way oral
storytelling historically defined a people then shouldn't we be able
to discuss them for the ideology they espouse?

I guess I'll squelch the noise of casual conversation and let you
return to the quest for immortality.  Do pop in again soon.  :)

[disclaimer:  in case you read an unfriendly tone, please put more
emphasis on the smiley emoticon]