[ExI] Energy Defeatism

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 16:07:27 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 4:00 AM,  "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

snip

> If not, then consider: we as a species have plenty of tools to foresee what
> is coming, but we appear to be making almost no effective collective effort
> to deal with it.  We might see something like Keith's vision come to
> fruition,

Spike, as one who has been here for the whole process, you should
remember that it's been less than a year since I was able warp Jordin
Kare's concepts into a form that closed the business case, i.e., made
a ton to money from selling power satellites.

There is a kind of social time constant where even ideas of major
importance take time to spread out, especially ones that require
marshaling resources on the scale of a medium sized war.  On the other
hand, a solution to carbon has suddenly become sought after and may
become more of a factor than power.

> but I see no indication there is even passing interest in it from
> those who have the means to make something like that happen.

A major government is taking a close look at the proposal.  I should
be able to say more in a few months.  If this comes about it will be
one of the fastest acceptances of an idea in history.

The offer is still open for those want to read though a moderately dense paper.

Keith