[ExI] Energy Defeatism

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Dec 18 05:50:15 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of Brent Neal
Subject: Re: [ExI] Energy Defeatism

I'm a little late to the party here in this thread, but I am completely
on-board with the idea of Practical Optimism.

>...The way I think Practical Optimism applies in this particular case - and
thus why I am optimistic about the future of energy - is that our global
economy is rapid shifting to one where the fundamental unit of wealth is the
ability to direct the use of a unit of energy...(Dr. Brent)

Ja!  The winner is the guy who can turn out the most using the least.  So
far it isn't so much that way, because we have had so much disposable
energy.  I like the notion of a world that is inherited not by the meek, not
by the militarily most powerful, not the meanest bastard on the block, not
by the biggest breeder, but a world that is inherited by the most
technologically advanced and efficient.