[ExI] what if

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Tue Dec 18 20:13:33 UTC 2012

On Sun, 16 Dec 2012, Stefano Vaj wrote:

> On 16 December 2012 00:43, Tomasz Rola <rtomek at ceti.pl> wrote:
>
> > Since we are at it, I wouldn't mind if humanity reached this blessed
> > immortal happy existential plateau, me included.
>

> No, I still would.

Ah, that's ok. But I still wouldn't.

> But this is a moot issue, because ultimately stagnation is a short-term
> illusion, the actual alternative *at any level* to progress and growth
> being decadence, sclerosis and regression.
>
> This is true in Darwinian and human terms, and I do not expect, nor hope,
> it to change in any posthuman future.

If I had this much time as the transition implies, I would do my best to
not stagnate. And I would not stay here, because gossiping is not really
interesting and to gossip for longer than 1 second objective time (which
should be enough to catalogue all possible variations of this with
cyberminds cheet-chating to each other) is indeed a sign of retardation.
Ditto for strippokering and banging virtual hostesses.

Of course, looking at biological humans and their ways, I would not be
surprised if retardation followed them into cyberspace. But joining this
happy monkey train is not on my priority list. I only might help with
building the railways.

Regards,
Tomasz Rola