[ExI] repercieve the economy [was: Engineering]

Omar Rahman rahmans at me.com
Sat Dec 22 12:39:37 UTC 2012

Spike and ablainey at aol.com are on to something here. Goodbye gold/silver/feather standard currencies, hello Energy Standard currencies.

The current debt slavery to a fiat based currency is on first glance a sham of massive proportions. A real currency based on energy, which is only open to fundamental revaluation as our understanding of physics advances, is trustworthy. Trust is at the heart of all currencies however, trust that someone will hand us the piece of gold/silver/paper/feather/gem and that someone else will later take it. Not all people value gold/silver/feathers/paper etc. though, but all people need energy thus it is a higher form of currency and a fairer one. Add to this a bitcoin option so that we may exchange energy ownership/control without having to move the various storage mediums and it could be a very efficient means of conducting transactions. (Bitcoin is only as trustworthy as the encryption methods however, which is a constant battle as mathematics and information processing techniques advance.)

The way I would frame it is a move from a consumer based economy (grazing sheeple), through a capital based economy (wolvz predating on the sheeple), towards a production based economy (treeple?). This is really a radical change back towards some sort of independent ideal. Why free? Because you control the means of production. Any surplus, or deficit, is real and can, or has to,  be acted upon.

I applaud those who go 'off the grid' for they have taken a step towards freedom that I have not yet been able to take. As a city dweller the energy available to me from renewables is not sufficient from the landmass (apartmentmass?) I control. To achieve energy independence I would have to form/join some sort of collective/company to control some landmass sufficient for our common needs.

If anyone has the time and or energy (ha!) to produce a world map taking into account all forms of energy production, with current production and available untapped resources, it would be interesting to see who is actually rich and poor. The USA, Canada, Australia, Russia would come out well due to the ratio of land mass to inhabitants. Are there some other surprises? Depending on solar panel development lots of Saharan and Arabian countries could be about to enter a n era of large surpluses.

Omar Rahman