[ExI] eroei forward for kennedy, p.e.

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Dec 24 02:40:24 UTC 2012

] On Behalf Of Dan

>>… I love the stuff.  Money is good, the more the better.  I will
> grab any that is grabbable.  Grable?

>…I like the stuff it can buy... But you know what I meant…

I do, and I agree.

>… that they were pushing views they knew were false (or maybe didn't care one way or the other) but that would make them money. You know, I have nothing against someone wanting money, but I do have something against the confidence artist and fraudster…

Ja, I was having a little fun.  I am known for doing that.  {8^D

>… In fact, it might be harmful as it might pick winners too early …I think what we need in the energy business is actually the opposite: a much more free market, where failure is an option and is very likely, all too weed out the wrong approaches…Regards, Dan

Dan you have hit upon something important.  I agree multiple approaches are necessary.  We have additional wind power to tap, but the best places are way out far from power consumers, such as in Wyoming.  Lotta wind out there, land is practically free.  We can set up wind powered coal to liquid fuels, and biomass to liquids out there.  The cattle won’t care if a wind turbine is whoomp whoomp whoomping nearby.  Typical conversion plants could be set up on about 50 km centers, so we wouldn’t need to transport the power all that far.

Carrying fuel in those big tanker rigs is a most efficient way to move energy.  This site says a typical fuel tanker carries 4400 gallons, and those big trucks get about 4 mpg, so 500 gallons of fuel takes you from Wyoming to anywhere you want to go in the CONUS, so total loss is only a little less than 12 percent:

http://www.trucktanks.com/?gclid=CPXw07GAsrQCFYYWMgodUHEA0Q#

We could cut even that if we made them into self-drivers and slowed them down a bit.  Even dropping to a steady 55 mph gets you nearly half again the fuel economy.  If the truck is fitted with a smaller Diesel engine which reaches maximum efficiency at 55 mph, then we could double the fuel economy, so loss is only around 6 percent at the worst case.

"If a tax cut increases government revenues, you haven't cut taxes enough." -- Milton Friedman (someone I normally don't quote:)

Excellent!  Milton Friedman was god.  He saw it all.