[ExI] eroei forward for kennedy, p.e.

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 03:29:31 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 7:27 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> After all that is taken into account, ground-based solar for all its
> shortcomings and expense looks to me like a long term major contributor.
> Wind powered biomass to liquid fuels will be a big contributor.  Finding
> some alternate means of converting biomass to food will be a huge
> contributor.  Reducing the absurd level of energy waste looks to me like the
> greatest contributor.  All these solutions are scalable and require little
> if any government intervention.

Lets make the people smaller.  ...for all the same reasons you wanted
female amputee dwarves in your rocket:  you'll need less food, it
costs less energy to move them around, etc.  Any of the historic
advantages of burly men for labor have been more than met by machines.
 Even the structural requirements to support those burly men are
overkill for people averaging 50kg

were you looking for a shorter-term solution?  Or was the assume-away
scenario literally an invitation for outside-the-box thinking about
the ape-hauling problem?

I wasn't sure if this could be considered morphological freedom,
perhaps biased with the meme for people to "grow smaller."  Maybe I'm
using those terms incorrectly  (I like the way "morphological freedom"
sounds)  So after reading
http://www.nada.kth.se/~asa/Texts/MorphologicalFreedom.htm I'm not
sure the 'freedom' remains if we encouraged large brains=sexy to
replace the more-primitive large everything else = sexy mindset.  To
be honest, I'm not sure that it isn't already underway...