[ExI] toys rewiring kids' brains

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Dec 26 16:37:44 UTC 2012

>... On Behalf Of Anders Sandberg

>...So my recommendation is to get a load of random pieces...

Did it.  There is a local lego store where a prole can buy random pieces by
the cup.

>...As for rewiring children's brains, that is a topic that might be worth
looking at. What mental skills can we teach the little ones? Maybe we should
introduce them to cognitive biases or inductive proofs early?
Teach them memory arts? -- Anders Sandberg

I am working with Isaac on math skills.  He mastered the entire elementary
school arithmetic curriculum (he is currently in the middle of his first
grade year.)  So last week I got him a pre-algebra book.  He loves it.
Anders, Isaac has fond memories of your visits.  {8-]  That boy has a bright
future indeed.