[ExI] dictionary scrabble

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Dec 27 03:18:55 UTC 2012

On Behalf Of spike
Subject: [ExI] dictionary scrabble

>.  Each score is multiplied by the number of times that word appears in the
unabridged dictionary.  Although that uses all the same rules as regular
scrabble, it is a completely new game.  spike

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.  But mind-wasting can be fun.

I looked online for an unabridged dictionary but didn't find anything that
was suitable in a form that was downloadable in text format, so I went for
the next best thing some huge wad of text which is downloadable.  Turns out
it is the King James bible.  So I wrote a script which went thru and counted
the number of times each word appears in the KJV, then used that as a
multiplier, wrote another script which calculates the value of each word in
the Scrabble universe (ignoring letter multipliers), and I now have the
answer.  The highest scoring word in Bible Scrabble is. the.  The wins by a
huge margin, with that four point h, total of 6, multiplied by 28364
occurrences in the KJV for a value of 169614 points.  The next highest
scorer is and, followed by of, followed by that and which.  (Diagram that
sentence.)

Here are my results from Bible Scrabble:

THE

169614

AND

113456

OF

106285

THAT

84308

WHICH

70912

THEY

66380

WITH

59730

THEM

54657

SHALL

54368

FOR

52104

HIM

47200

HE

45110

HIS

42762

LORD

36825

HAVE

36080

UNTO

33304

FROM

33111

WHEN

32370

THY

32229

THOU

31941

THEIR

27824

BE

26272

WAS

26214

CHILDREN

24178

MY

24087

23366

WILL

23149

PEOPLE

22710

IN

22570

BUT

22435

THEE

22134

THEREFORE

22020

HATH

21540

BEFORE

21483

GOD

21465

THIS

20559

WERE

20314

THERE

19968

SAID

19905

NOT

19737

KING

19116

BY

18438

THEN

18242

CAME

17680

JERUSALEM

17208

UPON

16968

ALL

16818

COME

16624

BEHOLD

16572

HAD

15757

YE

15290

ISRAEL

15054

SAYING

14880

HOUSE

14720

THINGS

14380

BECAUSE

14366

EVERY

13794

MAN

13735

ME

13640

AGAINST

13264

IS

12884

YOU

12870

BROUGHT

12662

ACCORDING

12510

DAY

12313

JUDAH

12096

MADE

11536

JESUS

11436

HAND

11352

FATHER

11328

MAKE

11220

THESE

11136

FORTH

10879

IT

10862

WENT

10682

THEREOF

10647

SHALT

10632

AWAY

10490

WHO

10476

WHAT

10460

EVEN

10409

AFTER

10368

UP

10204

NOW

10152

SAITH

9912

WHOM

9804

YOUR

9772

NEITHER

9770

DOWN

9656

MEN

9300

HER

9282

HIMSELF

9060

COMMANDED

8942

ARE

8856

DAVID

8810

THEMSELVES

8766

SHOULD

8730

KNOW

8723

EARTH

8704

INTO

8660

MAY

8640

CITY

8577

OUT

8502

BRETHREN

8333

IF

8280

WHEREFORE

8244

LAND

8205

ALSO

8168

GIVE

7936

WE

7875

OFFERING

7845

AMONG

7816

HEAVEN

7728

THINE

7720

HUNDRED

7680

TAKE

7672

FATHERS

7592

7582

GREAT

7530

THROUGH

7462

HEART

7400

DAYS

7384

TOGETHER

7320

AS

7206

PLACE

7182

HAST

7168

TOOK

7152

OVER

7140

SPAKE

6831

HOLY

6710

6664

EGYPT

6644

WICKED

6608

ANSWERED

6600

HEARD

6543

CALLED

6534

SAY

6420

MIGHT

6358

MANY

6291

WAY

6291

HIGH

6281

BRING

6224

WITHOUT

6175

THOUSAND

6012

ONE

5970

SON

5940

SPEAK

5940

WORD

5896

LIKE

5872

ANY

5862

CHRIST

5753

WORDS

5751

MOSES

5628

NAME

5604

SHE

5538

THUS

5495

SERVANTS

5478

THING

5427

DID

5420

HOW

5409

GIVEN

5319

VOICE

5240

WHERE

5170

PASS

5166

GOOD

5154

ABOUT

5012

ANOTHER

4960

TWO

4914

SERVANT

4900

HANDS

4896

PUT

4890

THOSE

4872

YET

4758

OFF

4752

TIME

4722

WORK

4653

AGAIN

4644

GO

4632

MOUTH

4630

MORE

4620

EVIL

4599

WOULD

4599

FLESH

4455

GAVE

4432

DO

4431

SO

4420

MUCH

4378

OTHER

4352

FOUND

4338

GLORY

4320

FIRE

4319

SONS

4244

KEEP

4240

PEACE

4230

LET

4224

OWN

4200

WIFE

4140

HEAR

4130

DEATH

4104

PRIESTS

4068

PRIEST

4024

THREE

4024

WOMAN

4010

SPIRIT

4008

SWORD

3987

BOTH

3978

YEARS

3960

THAN

3955

FACE

3897

FIRST

3864

LIFE

3850

EVER

3836

MINE

3798

SAW

3786

EYES

3766

AN

3762

ON

3748

FEAR

3696

BEING

3696

CITIES

3600

LAW

3594

TAKEN

3591

AT

3520

SEVEN

3520

AM

3512

OUR

3489

WATER

3408

SENT

3324

BLOOD

3320

CAST

3306

DONE

3295

NO

3218

LEFT

2961

GOLD

2778

US

2716

SET

2505

BEEN

2460

UNDER

2412

DEAD

2394

NOR

2142

OR

2024

SOUL

1984

SEE

1944

EAT

1899

ART

1659

NONE

1596

OLD

1592

SIN

1323

SEA

1272

1189

spike                                     0              (the KJV has no
spike)