[ExI] etextbooks

PJ Manney pjmanney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 00:00:15 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM, PJ Manney <pjmanney at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 8:46 AM, F. C. Moulton <moulton at moulton.com> wrote:
>> Personally I think that discussion of Evolution should be introduced in
>> an earlier grade.
>
> I absolutely agree.  Please help take that up with all the state core
> standards committees.

BTW, The Fordham Foundation just did an analysis of US K-12 Science
standards by state.  California was the only state to receive an A
(but District of Columbia did, too).  Look at the map on page 6.
Holy mother of Dog...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CC4QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.edexcellencemedia.net%2Fpublications%2F2012%2F2012-State-of-State-Science-Standards%2F2012-State-of-State-Science-Standards-FINAL.pdf&ei=gn4oT_alHuqciQLLn429AQ&usg=AFQjCNErzfsipRdnu1QY3yRX3CAQgt3EYA&sig2=7aQfPOarzTzEFwc0Dz0v3Q

So Spike?  Consider yourself damned lucky to live in CA.  And if you
want to make it even better, get in there yourself and get active.

PJ