[ExI] Wrestling with Embodiment

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 12:05:56 UTC 2012

On 1 February 2012 12:07, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I for one want whatever comes after us (or that we evolve into) to
> maintain an element of humanity (the ethical part, not necessarily the
> people themselves) in the sense that there are genuine emotions
> involved.

Let me put it this way, which I consider the inevitable H+ POV: we used to
be (kind of) reptiles.

Those reptilian ancestors may well have thought fondly of the importance of
maintaining the core of reptilianity in their successors.

After a fashion, we did, since we fully partake of that legacy. But we have
also moved over. Including in "ethical" and "emotional" terms. To consider
posthumanity in human terms is a contradiction... in terms.

--
Stefano Vaj