[ExI] Wrestling with Embodiment

Amon Zero amon at doctrinezero.com
Wed Feb 1 19:37:13 UTC 2012

On 1 February 2012 19:22, Kelly Anderson <kellycoinguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you're
> unemployed you should be depressed. That emotion is what gets you off
> the couch and into the nearest Walmart applying for a job.*
>
> (* I really do love my new found inner curmudgeon. Getting older does
> have benefits.)

Uh, Kelly, I'm sure you were being glib there, but you do realise that's
not how clinical depression generally works, right? It's not a motivator.
If anything, it's a massive demotivator. Or to put it another way; it is a
motivator - to have nothing to do with the situation that caused the
depression.

- A