[ExI] Chemical Origins of Life (was Re: Panbiogenesis)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 19:23:17 UTC 2012

On 4 February 2012 15:22, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> It is completely impossible to tell how typical or atypical our
> origin and history are without having access to at least one,
> preferably multiple samples which originated outside of common causal
> origin.

You are certainly right, but we are here in the field of educated
guesses... :-)

> The solar system is probably insufficient, unless we have clear
> evidence of multiple independant origins within this very
> system (improbable due to crosscontamination).

 So, if we find procaryotes on Mars, you think we should assume it is a
terrestrial contamination? :-/

Right, we're looking for someone we can relate to, or at least
> look upward to.

We could look upward to procaryotes in terms of sheer numbers, but, yes, we
are somewhat more interesting. :-)

--
Stefano Vaj