[ExI] Chemical Origins of Life (was Re: Panbiogenesis)

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 10:26:02 UTC 2012

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> We haven't found a single instance of a shadow biosphere yet on
> this planet, so probably any crosscontamination would wipe out
> the weaker biosphere. As a corollary, anything we'll find on Europa
> or elsewhere will be our close relative, biochemically.

Well, there is Archaea as well as Prokaryote and they appear to have
evolved separately.

It is still speculative, of course. Some claim a common precurser.

How eukaryotes evolved is also speculative as they may have bits of
both lines incorporated.

Still early days in finding how life evolved.

BillK