[ExI] Drinking

Kryonica kryonica at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 08:59:58 UTC 2012

This morning on BBC news "too much drinking" is once more all the rage:

Does anyone know how well founded scientifically is all this talk about for instance increased risk of mouth cancer if one glass of wine regularly turns into two or three?  I get suspicious with these general statements (after being repeatedly reminded by Anders that they have to be taken with a pinch of salt and that one must always have a look at the real scientific article behind them), and all the more so because I like my red wine and have read elsewhere (on the BBC!) that it is good for me :-/  The BBC article is full of very sweeping statements indeed that would require some expert reading to sort the wheat from the chaff.