[ExI] good bexarotene article

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 20:02:03 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:12 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> I have been studying up on this, and my intuition was right: there is in
> fact a complete field of study dedicated to finding this kind of signal, and
> they

They?  They who?  Help us out here with a link, Spike, organization
name, something.

> are on this bigtime.

"This"?  The bexarotene thing? or mining medical data in general?

>  I am following it, and will post as there are
> interesting things to report

I would recommend calling a major hospital Oncology Dept, and
enlisting their help.   Discuss with them the nature of your inquiry,
and ask them what they suggest regarding getting at the data which
they and other Oncology folks possess.  I suspect that like you they
would be very interested.

One other thing, I recommend calling some large drug retailer and
inquiring about Targretin sales.  Are they spiking (no pun intended)?

In any event, the interest in this has to be huge. I suspect we will
know shortly what effect if any bexarotene has on human Alzheimer's.

If I had a loved one with Alzheimer's and I couldn't get the drug
"conventionally", I'd be puttin' on my black Ninja gear and Balaclava
and headin' down to the local Walgreens at three in the morning.  A
man's gotta do etc.

But calling your doctor and saying "Will you write me the
prescription, or should go elsewhere to find someone who will?",...
that should work.

jeff