[ExI] Social justice and transhumanist

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 21:23:24 UTC 2012

On 20 February 2012 13:03, Giulio Prisco <giulio at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't really believe in "moral duties," but more equality would
> certainly make a nicer world. I don't want an egalitarian world, but I
> want a _more_ egalitarian world instead of the current insane gaps.

Besides the width of such gaps, I think that speaking in terms of "equity"
and "justice" one is well entitled to question whether such gaps are
deserved and justified in terms of societal values that one shares.

The fact that, say, one today chooses to be a researcher only inasmuch as
one is too stupid to be a banker suggests that something may be wrong in
the contemporary social model. And that the same may well be doomed in the
medium term, as recent evolution seems to suggest.

--
Stefano Vaj