[ExI] Jaw-dropping CWRU Alzheimer's breakthrough?

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Feb 21 06:24:30 UTC 2012

Subject: Re: [ExI] Jaw-dropping CWRU Alzheimer's breakthrough?

>>.  Is it even possible to experiment ethically with bexarotene mixed
with alcohol?  Can we use aged chimps or something?

>.No, ethically we cannot really risk that some chimps become alcoholists
and start a life of debauchery in their old age. :-)  -- Stefano Vaj

Ja, we need to find chimps who are already hopeless drunks.

I was grousing because the mouse experiment was conducted in 2009 and we are
just now hearing about it.  I learned that Dr. Landreth went public last
week under pressure, because the 2009 results had leaked.  A patient
referred to that result and requested bexarotene.