[ExI] Doomsday Oil Price: (was RIP: Peak Oil)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 12:52:35 UTC 2012

On 25 February 2012 12:40, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> Now we're out of time and money, need to focus on boring, sure winner
> areas.
> Deploying rather than developing. Germany does some of that, but also
> too little, too late.

If the direst forecasts are true, this would risk however being futile.

Italy, eg, wasted substantial resources subsidising (corrupted and
anti-economic) developments of solar and aeolic, and is now already
reducing such incentives (paradoxically, when the return would be somewhat
higher!), because the previous level was unsustainable - especially given
that we have seen the light, and know by now that all money must go to the
banks where it belongs. :-)

So, perhaps high-risk, high-yield (that is, fusion), is our actual chance
out of the trap.

--
Stefano Vaj