[ExI] Ignorant fear mongering (was Re: Doomsday Oil Price: (was RIP: Peak Oil))

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at canonizer.com
Sun Feb 26 14:28:56 UTC 2012

Bill and Stefano,

Thanks so much for pointing out how important all this is.  I so much
agree, just as you say, on both sides.

It sounds like you guys think at least some people believe, it is the
politician's job to handle this, yet they can't do anything because of
the popular vote!  And THAT is the problem.  The poloticians have
nothing, really, to do with any of this.  If we could know, concisely
and quantitatively, what everyone wanted, we wouldn't even need any
politicians.  We simply need to find way to amplify the moral wisdom of
society, so the moral wisdom of the experts in the crowd no longer get
drowned out by the mistaken, clueless, people that mistakenly think they
are the 'moral majority'.

Part of this is surveying for what everyone does believe on all such
issues.  Again, we need to know, concisely and quantitatively, what
everyone does believe, in a way so that the moral experts can see what
everyone believes, and where they are mistaken, and why.  The moral
experts need to be able know what evidence, and arguments, might
convince everyone, not just themselves.

And we need to provide the common man, with the ability to select who
they think are the experts, and provide a way for them to have easy
access reference access so they can know what they all think, concisely
and quantitatively, are the best actions to take.  Sure, some people are
going to select the experts, incorrectly, but on the hole things should
improve significantly.  And, again, measuring for, and knowing who are
everyone's experts, is part of the problem.  All this can be improved.

All this is and so much more is what canonizer.com is all about.  We
need to provide a tool to the experts so they can all build as much
consensus as possible on everything they do agree on, without focusing
so much on what they disagree on.  We need to measure this consensus.
All these kinds of thinks will make it possible to significantly amplify
the moral wisdom and intelligence of the crowd, and stop all this
infernal, eternal, yes, no, yes, no, deadlock, nobody can do anything
other than find something to disagree about, and kill each other because
of it.

We've got to find out, concisely, quantitatively, and in real time, what
the minority moral experts believe, and provide a way for the rest of us
to understand and keep up, and correspondingly, atone and expiate.

Brent Allsop