[ExI] Doomsday Oil Price: (was RIP: Peak Oil)

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Tue Feb 28 21:03:48 UTC 2012

Il 28/02/2012 21:22, James Clement ha scritto:
>     Micro wrote: "Maybe, the fact they ask and need subsides to sell PV
>     solar
>     installations is a give away of the fact solar is costly and not really
>     competitive in a free open market."

> Let's be fair, Big Oil has been receiving subsidies all along...

Maybe in the US, but in Europe hydrocarbons are one of the column of
government budget. In Italy 70% of the price of gasoline is taxes.

Anyway I support the elimination of all subsides and exemptions for all.
They are simply a way to give pork to politically connect people or
corporations.

Let the market sort them.

Mirco