[ExI] Farming

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 23:25:36 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 2:14 PM,  Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

> No, you are not the only one.  Although the last time I drove a tractor was in my teens.  My maternal grandfather ran a pretty large spread until well into his 70s.  Every summer I and my siblings got recruited to help out.   I have fond memories of wrecking part of his chicken coop when he first tried to teach me to drive it at age 9.  :)

We are, however, just about the last with farm experience.

My children have virtually no experience since by the time they were
growing up the farming relatives had retired or died.

Even the children of current farmers don't have much experience with
anything but the pointy end of a large industrial farming support
system.

Keith