[ExI] Fermi question

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 12:48:27 UTC 2012

On 2 January 2012 02:13, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, just blocking out the sun would
> still leave your pupils contracted by the glare around you. You would
> need at least need night-vision eyes to see the pin-pricks of light
> from earth cities at the moon's distance.

To get back on topic, if I am not mistaken what we actually "see" of
exoplanets is not really the light possibly emitted by their street lamps,
but simply that the light emitted by the star concerned is imperceptibly
dimmed from time to time by orbiting bodies.

Not much for the reciprocal Fermi visibility of our presence on the
terrestrial surface...

--
Stefano Vaj