[ExI] Longevity mix?

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Jan 4 14:31:49 UTC 2012

From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Kryonica
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 1:32 AM
To: ExI chat list
Subject: Re: [ExI] Longevity mix?

>.Yes I was also struck by the high amount of flax seed oil - would
translate to about a gallon for a human.

Indeed?  I am getting a bit over 1.2 grams per day.  A teaspoon is about 5
grams.  I can't imagine that little bit of flax oil would do anything, or
that the typical body would even notice it.  I could be wrong however, for
the definition of mouse dose is ambiguous by a factor of 100.  If that /100
mice comment is interpreted wrong by me, they could be talking about 4
ounces of flax oil, which seems high to me.

spike

2012/1/3 Kryonica <kryonica at gmail.com>

Cocktail ingredients

Ingredient

Mouse dose (mg/day/100 mice)

Vitamin B1

30.49

Ginko biloba

18.29

Vitamin B3 (niacin)

30.49

Ginseng

631.1

et al. (snipped)

Flax seed oil

1,219.51

Source: Experimental Biology and Medicine

Why is Ginko the only ingredient that is/was italicized? Also, why such a
large amount of Flax oil?