[ExI] future of warfare again, was: RE: Forking

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 14:04:17 UTC 2012

On 8 January 2012 13:19, Alejandro Dubrovsky <alito at organicrobot.com> wrote:

> > Not when compared to previous conflicts, and I think that is the
> > point. Even with 100,000 Iraqi's dead in ten years, that's less than
> > the 200,000 who disappeared into Abu Garab when Saddam ran the
> > place...

Do you have any source? Really 200.000 executions *in a single jail*, and
over which period? And the national total would have been how many?

In 2009, Amnesty International estimated 1718 executions took place during
2008 in the *entire Chinese territory*, believed to be one of the countries
with the highest capital punishment rate,  out of a population of 1400
millions (which equates to less than 0.0001%, or 1 in 1,000,000 of the
population), compared to the scant 30 million Iraqis.

And if we are speaking of literal disappearances from the premises
concerned, this sounds even more ridiculous. Have you considered how many
cubic meters 200.000 adult human bodies make, and how many trucks would be
required to remove them? And what kind of population could the place
contain at any given moment, in the first place?

--
Stefano Vaj