[ExI] Rap guide to evolution

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Jan 9 16:20:42 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Anders Sandberg
Subject: [ExI] Rap guide to evolution

>...Normally science themed music is cringeworthy - earnest postdocs who
know the subject but lack the talent and production values. These videos and
songs by Baba Brinkman are much better. Peer reviewed gangster rap dedicated
to evolutionary psychologists containing graphs and rhymes on 'discounting'
is quite something.

http://io9.com/5874106/dna-gets-backup-dancers-in-evolution+themed-rap-video
http://www.bababrinkman.com/video/
--
Anders Sandberg,

EXCELLENT Anders, thanks!  This is a perfect example of what I was talking
about last week, the value of a community of like-minded people to point to
things like this.  I would never have found evolution themed rap in a
million years.  The second one down there about natural selection is even
better.