[ExI] Eden, deep memes, exodus from the Ape God

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 17:12:55 UTC 2012

On 15 January 2012 17:42, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Cool passage Stuart!  Well done, me lad.
>
> If 1/5 of land based biomass, perhaps the formicidae family is the biggest
> fraction of all land based biomass, assuming we restrict the competition to
> the animal kingdom.

I take, and share, the "philosophical" angle, but am perplexed about the
plausibility of the specific figure.

This would also mean that ants' biomass alone would beat all other insects
together (termites, locustes, flies, mosquitoes, fleas, butterflies, bees,
etc.) hands down by orders of magnitude...

--
Stefano Vaj
 <http://int.ask.com/web?siteid=10000861&webqsrc=999&l=dis&q=%20>